For Immediate Release
WINNERS ANEW: After winning Emmys in 2015, the ABS-CBN International Lifestyle Network team was victorious anew at the 46th NorCal EMMY® Awards: From left, Director of Photography Jeremiah Ysip (who won in 2 categories, including an individual award representing TFC), Lifestyle Network Executive Producer and Producer/Director/Writer Beverly Desuasido (who won in 2 categories), Producer/Director/Writer Keesa Ocampo and Videographer Rommel Reyes. Not in photo are Production Manager/Audio Jonas De Leon, Master Editor Jon Santos, and Videographer Nino Nucum.
ABS-CBN International’s Lifestyle Network, TFC Win 3 NorCal Emmy® Awards
SAN FRANCISCO, CA, June 5, 2017 – ABS-CBN International was honored last June 3 with three wins at 46th Annual Northern California Area EMMY® Awards held at the SFJAZZ Center in San Francisco. The U.S.-based Filipino-owned and -operated subsidiary of ABS-CBN Corporation, the leading media and entertainment company in the Philippines, was nominated in seven categories in this year’s awards through its Lifestyle Network and TFC channels.
The winning entries are highlighted below:
- “Sakura Seasonings,” KHON 2/Sprinkle Media Solutions Pamela Young, Reporter; Kyle Hayama, Videographer
- “Bay Area Lowriders Turn Classic Car Customization into an Art Form,” KQED 9 Claudia Escobar, Producer/Director/Photographer/Editor
- “LN Tags: Devon Espinosa,” Lifestyle Network Beverly Tumaneng Desuasido, Producer/Director/Writer; Jeremiah Ysip, Director of Photography; Rommel RomeDigs Reyes, Videographer; Jon Santos, Master Editor (PHOTO BELOW)
- “SEARCH Hawaii Summer 2016 :Oahu,” KHON 2/Fish & Poi Productions Yvonne Biegel, Executive Producer/Producer; Kathy Muneno Thompson, Producer; Kainoa Horcajo, Michael Lofaro, Hosts; William Paris, Director/Director of Photography/Editor; Scott G. Culbertson, Sound Engineer
- “Dine Out Along The Road: Morro Bay,” KMPH Fox 26/NTD Media Raymond O’Canto, Executive Producer
- “Spice to Life: Los Angeles-Michael Hung,” Lifestyle Network Beverly Tumaneng Desuasido, Producer/Director/Writer; Clarissa Ocampo, Producer/Writer; Jeremiah Ysip, Director of Photography; Rommel RomeDigs Reyes, Videographer; Mike Revolvalcke, Videographer/Gaffer
- “Spice to Life: Napa Valley-Sally Camacho,” Lifestyle Network Beverly Tumaneng Desuasido, Executive Producer; Clarissa Ocampo, Producer/Director/Writer; Rommel RomeDigs Reyes, Director of Photography; Mike Revolvalcke, Videographer/Gaffer; Eric Steven Perez, Videographer; James Mak, Audio/Grip
- “Spice to Life: New York-Nicole Ponseca,” Lifestyle Network Beverly Tumaneng Desuasido, Producer; Clarissa Ocampo, Director/Writer; Jeremiah Ysip, Director of Photography; Rommel RomeDigs Reyes, Videographer
- “Spice to Life: San Francisco-Tim Luym,” Lifestyle Network Beverly Tumaneng Desuasido, Executive Producer; Clarissa Ocampo, Producer/Director/Writer; Jon Santos, Director of Photography; Nino Nucum, Videographer; Jonas T. De Leon, Production Manager/Audio (PHOTO BELOW)
- “Everett Duran Composite,” Comcast SportsNet Bay Area/SFG Productions Everett Duran, Cinematographer
- “Breast Cancer 2 Bikini,” KTVN 2 Mackenzie Stock, Photographer
- “Jeremiah Ysip Composite,” The Filipino Channel, Jeremiah Ysip, Director of Photography (PHOTO BELOW)
The EMMY® award is presented for outstanding achievement in television by The National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences (NATAS). San Francisco/Northern California is one of the nineteen chapters awarding regional Emmy® statuettes. Northern California is composed of media companies and individuals from Visalia to the Oregon border and includes Hawaii and Reno, Nevada. Entries aired during the 2016 calendar year.
About Lifestyle Network
Lifestyle Network is a living and travel guide channel owned and operated by ABS-CBN International, a company founded in 1994 in the U.S. to be of service to Filipinos overseas. With the launch of its flagship product, The Filipino Channel (TFC), the company became the first and most successful Filipino content distribution company in the U.S. It offers content on cable, satellite, online audio and video streaming, IPTV, On Demand, theatricals, retail, money remittance and cargo services along with philanthropic support for Filipinos and the communities they now call home. Based in Daly City, California, ABS-CBN International is a subsidiary of ABS-CBN Corporation, the Philippines’ largest media and entertainment company, through ABS-CBN Corporation’s wholly-owned subsidiary, ABS-CBN Global Hungary Kft. For more information, visit https://www.tfc-usa.com
NERISSA M. FERNANDEZ
Head, Global Corporate Affairs & PR
2001 Junipero Serra Blvd., Ste 200
Daly City, CA 94014